Sykes is a leading manufacturer of world renowned rowing shells. They have been the choice of many Australian rowing teams - a fact highlighted by the majority of all medals won by Australian crews being in Sykes boats, as well as most schools and rowing clubs around Australia.
WE at Workforce Extensions are proudly supporting the team at Sykes Rowing in seeking to appoint an experienced Accountant to join their team.
The overall purpose of this position is to take responsibility for the execution of the day to day activities, ensuring all financial reporting, budgeting and record keeping, as well as administrative support is accurate and up to date, including but not limited to - the processing / accuracy of bills of materials, invoices, orders, stock , EOM, payroll and other such administration tasks.
Regular duties will include;
General Accounting and Finance
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget and budget reviews.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Preparation of bi-monthly payroll report
- Complete all weekly and monthly reconciliations to enable accurate monthly reporting.
- Balance subsidiary ledgers such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, etc., with the general ledger
General Office duties
- Assist with preparation and undertaking routine stocktakes (planning, coordination, undertaking and recording) to make sure that inventory records are always as close to accurate as possible. This includes all inventory reconciliations including raw materials, work in progress and finished goods.
- Provide other reasonable support services to the Sykes business as needed or assigned.
To be considered we are seeking applicants who have the following experience, skills and attributes;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding organisational capabilities,
- Good knowledge in the application of accounting standards, techniques, concepts and practices.
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office software.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role in a small to medium organisation - specifically general ledger maintenance and reconciliations, financial reporting and funds management duties.
- Demonstrated customer service skills (to both internal and external clients).
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- A team player
- Basic experience in the use of accounting and reporting software.