Jeff Sykes and Associates is a leading manufacturer of world-renowned rowing shells. They have been the choice of many Australian rowing teams - a fact highlighted by the majority of all medals won by Australian crews being in Sykes boats, as well as most schools and rowing clubs around Australia. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in our innovative processes and attention to detail.
WE at Workforce Extensions are proudly supporting the team at Sykes Rowing in seeking to appoint an experienced Pattern Maker/Boat Builder to join their team.
- 5 years of experience in the boat building, pattern making trade or similar trade an advantage.
- Proven experience in large-scale pattern making, boat building, or mould production.
- Proficient use of power and hand tools.
- Familiarity with lean management principles, B.O.M, 5S, and building procedures.
- Effective communication skills to liaise with the engineering team and ensure projects meet high-quality standards.
- Commitment to safety and awareness of occupational health and environmental policies.
- Proficient in reading drawings and interpreting specifications.
- Knowledge of building tools and systems with the ability to fair and shape complex curves using hand tools to a high degree of accuracy.
- Competitive Salary between $70-80k depending on previous experience and expertise.
- Professional development and continued, on the job learning.
- Opportunities for career growth and development.
- A safe and supportive working environment.
- A fun and family cultured environment
If you are a proactive trades person with the required experience and skills, we invite you to join our dynamic team. Apply now to be part of an innovative company that values excellence and fosters a positive work culture.