Workforce Extensions Geelong are actively seeking a part time Bookkeeper/Payroll officer with a solid background in bookkeeping and accounts receivable and payable. You will be providing a high level of attention to detail and have a desire to work in and contribute to a motivated team. Working hours are 24.5 per week, with the ability to work extra hours to cover staff absences if required.
Our client, a specialist manufacturing business based in Geelong offer a supportive work environment and offer long term job stability in a fun and supportive environment.
Primary duties of the role include:
- Payroll processing (20 staff), including maintaining staff records, reporting and award interpreation
- Data entry
- Accounts reconciliation and payments to creditors
- Accounts receivable, including, credit checks and debt collection
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Preparation and payment of BAS, PAYG, payroll tax, superannuation and child support
- Ordering and distributing work uniforms
- Work closely with the Sales, Human Resources & OH&S Manager and understand the issues involved with these roles
- Supporting the General Manager as required
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounts payable/ receivable processes
- Proficiency in MYOB or similar accounting program along with MS Office
- An ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Excellent organisational & time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- A high level of discretion and sensitivity
This role will be ideally suited to those seeking school friendly or part time working hours in a long term, permanent role.